GEI Unveiled the First-Ever Global Directory at gLOCAL2023
A global perspective on academic training in evaluation: what do we know and where are we going?
GEI hosted a gLOCAL event on May 30th, 2023 to focus on the global landscape of academic training programs in evaluation. As part of the event, GEI's Evaluation Adviser Jos Vaessen and Marcia Joppert (Research and Operations Associate, The Evaluators’ Institute, Claremont Graduate University) unveiled the first-ever global directory, which provides a comprehensive overview of these programs and their methodologies.
This global directory of academic training programs in evaluation was developed through a collaborative effort between doctorate research of the Claremont Graduate University / School of Social Science, Policy & Evaluation, and the Global Evaluation Initiative. Evaluation scholars and program representatives shared their experiences in evaluation education through concise lightning talks.
The panel discussion explored the evolving nature of academic training in evaluation, the challenges faced by training programs, and the need for a stronger network to enhance education in this field. The speakers below led the discussions.
- Jos Vaessen (Evaluation Adviser, GEI; Chair)
- Marcia Joppert (Research and Operations Associate, The Evaluators’ Institute, Claremont Graduate University)
- Lauren Wildschut (Director of Evaluation Program, Stellenbosch University)
- John LaVelle (Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota – Twin Cities)
- Nathalie Holvoet (Professor at the Institute of Development Policy and Management, University of Antwerp)
- Christina Cuonz, Director of the Centre for Continuing Education at the University of Bern (ZUW)
For more information, view the global directory on our BetterEvaluation Platform.
You can also watch the replay here.