GEI Hosted the 2023 gLOCAL Evaluation Week Opening Event
On May 29th, GEI hosted the 2023 gLOCAL Evaluation Week opening event, "The Future of M&E: Culture, Context, and Collaboration." The event was held virtually. The opening panel was dived into 2 complementary topics. With moderation led by Evaluation Adviser, Jos Vaessen, speakers focused on the institutionalization of M&E in public policy systems, discussed opportunities and challenges in strengthening M&E worldwide, and also explored ways to develop resilient M&E systems that can endure institutional uncertainties.
In Part 2 of the discussions, panelists talked about the practice of evaluation and gave examples of the changing landscape of evaluative evidence generation and the potential it holds. Speakers also highlighted the use of big data and methods to make evidence more robust, useful, and accessible to decision-makers and stakeholders. Additionally, discussions also touched on the integration of culturally responsive evaluation principles with universally recognized scientific principles of evaluation research. The panelists included the experts below:
- Jos Vaessen (Evaluation Adviser, GEI; Chair)
- Dugan Fraser (Program Manager, GEI)
- Marie Gaarder (Director, 3ie)
- Candice Morkel (Director, CLEAR AA)
- Sanjeev Sridharan (Professor of Health Policy Evaluation, Univ of Hawaii)
- Estelle Raimondo (Senior Evaluation Officer, IEG)
- Patrizia Cocca (Communications and KM Lead, GEI)
Replay the Opening Session here.