Thank you for your interest in hosting an event during gLOCAL Evaluation Week!
We are excited to have you join us for this global knowledge sharing event. gLOCAL is an annual event, in which the global evaluation community comes together to share their knowledge and experiences with a global audience. Over the years, gLOCAL has grown to be one of the biggest and most vibrant M&E knowledge-sharing events worldwide.
We appreciate and welcome all event proposals. Each year, we strive to ensure that gLOCAL offers interesting events that represent a diversity of experience and knowledge and are aligned with the annual gLOCAL theme. Each proposal will be reviewed based on the selection criteria below. We will then let you know if your event has been accepted to be part of gLOCAL 2023.
What kind of event proposals are we looking for?
A successful gLOCAL event should meet the following criteria:
1. Be aligned with gLOCAL: Events must be directly related to monitoring and evaluation and focus on knowledge sharing. The event should also be relevant to the gLOCAL concept note and be aligned with this year’s special theme (add link).
2. Share gLOCAL values: respect, integrity, professionalism, and inclusion
3. Provide complete details in the submission form. The description should include the following:
a) Purpose of the event:
- Who is your target audience for this event? (policy-makers, evaluators, young professionals, etc.)
- What will participants learn from attending this event?
- What new learning/methodology/tool specifically are you presenting at this event, if any?
b) Event type and format:
- Will you be hosting an event in-person, online, or hybrid?
- What technology are you planning to use for online or hybrid events? If you are planning a hybrid event, how will you ensure that online participants have as positive an experience as in-person participants (i.e., will online participants be able to ask questions?)
- Will this be a roundtable discussion, panel discussion, interactive Q&A, or something else (please describe)?
c) Speakers and moderators:
- Why have you invited them to participate in your event? Do they bring specific professional experience, academic expertise, or an interesting perspective to the topic?
- Events must be conducted in one of gLOCAL’s four supported languages: English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish. All event proposals must also be submitted in one of the four languages.
4. By submitting a proposal, you agree to all gLOCAL participation terms and conditions.